Green Lentil Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
Veg-EZ Video e-Cookbook • 2m 57s
Serves 4 to 6
2 ¼ cups green (Puy) lentils
1/3 cup (or more to taste) sherry vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil
5 scallions chopped, white and green parts
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¾ cups toasted pine nuts
1. To a medium pot add 3 ½ cups of water and the lentils and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils are tender but firm about 30 to 35 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse the cooked lentils in cool water and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add the vinegar, oil and salt and whisk together until emulsified. Next add the scallion and garlic and whisk again.
4. Fold in the lentils and pine nuts and let the salad rest for at least an hour.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional vinegar if desired.
6. Serve topped with fresh tomato or tuck into Boston lettuce for a salad cup.
Easy additions to this recipe are 1 cup of fresh sweet corn, slivered sundried tomatoes or chickpeas. Use your imagination with this wonderfully tart yet basic lentil salad palette!
Up Next in Veg-EZ Video e-Cookbook
Curried Zucchini Soup
1 1/2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 T. curry powder
Salt to taste
4 zucchini (about 2 lbs.), halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch slices
6 cups of vegetable stock
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot b...
5 Star Pizza
1-2 pre-made 12” pizza shells
1 1/2 c. crushed San Marzano tomatoes
3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 or 2 (depending on size yellow peppers, cut into thin strips
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
1 c. pitted ka...
Grilled Portobello Arugula Salad Burger
Preheat your grill to 425-450 degrees.
2 T. soy sauce or tamari
2 T. vegetarian worcestershire sauce
4 good-sized portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed (optional) washed, and dried well
Vegetable or olive oil for brushing
Blend the soy and Worcestershire...