Veg-EZ Video e-Cookbook • 4m 12s
Serves up to 10
½ cup walnuts, toasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 ½ cups crimini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, mixed parsley and thyme work very well
15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper, to taste
Truffle oil, optional
Extra slices of mushroom for garnish
1. Toast the walnuts in a small cast iron skillet tossing constantly, just until they begin to release their nutty aroma.
2. In a medium-sized skillet heat the olive oil on low then add the onion and sauté slowly, until the onion is soft and transparent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Raise the heat to medium high and add the toasted nuts, the mushrooms, garlic, and herbs. Cook until the mushrooms are softened and most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Season the mushroom mixture well with salt and pepper, then place the mixture along with the drained, rinsed beans in a food processor.
5. Pulse process until the texture is smooth – but be careful not to overprocess to a liquid.
6. Spoon the paté into a small bowl and chill for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
7. Just before serving, if desired, pour a small amount of truffle oil over the paté.
Garnish with thinly sliced mushrooms and serve at room temperature with crackers or crostini.
Up Next in Veg-EZ Video e-Cookbook
Festive Fruit n Nut Quinoa
Quinoa has a wonderful nutty flavor and crunchy texture and this ancient grain contains high-quality, complete protein and excellent essential amino acid balance. It’s a perfect alternative to rice or pasta in many recipes.
1 cup quinoa cooked in 2 cups of water
1/3 cup diced d...
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 beets, peeled and diced
½ head red cabbage, chopped
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
1 crisp apple, peeled and diced
3 cups vegetable stock
1 teaspoon crushed caraway s...
Everyday BBQ Sauce
Makes about ½ cup
¼ cup organic ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons agave syrup or brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
4 whole scallions sliced thin, reserve 2 for garnish
Red pepper flakes
1. Blend all ingredients in a bowl until smooth, and set aside.
2. Brush tofu, te...